Monday, May 2, 2011

...the end of book seven.

Judges was a sobering reminder of how easily God can be taken for granted. 

Although I found myself wondering how in the world God's children kept falling back into rebellion over and over again after deliverance from God, I had to remember that each generation had to learn their own lesson. 

It's easy to fall into the trap of, "God will forgive me", and it's true.  God WILL forgive me, if my heart is truly repentant.  However, it's not about that.  It's not about me, its about responding to a love that I will never come close to understanding this side of heaven. 

It's about surrendering to the One who loves me so much that He allows Himself to be taken for granted over and over again. 

It's about learning to love others with the same loyal, faithful and unfailing love that I have been shown. 

"God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us."  (Romans 5:5)



Oh, I just love that verse.  Every time I read it I imagine God physically (and tenderly) sprinkling His love into my heart. 

Pour it to the rim please!  In fact...I think I'll have seconds! 

No comments: