Thursday, February 17, 2011

...the end of book four.

A few of my favorite lessons from Numbers.

  1. I realized how easy is is for us to believe and trust men over God's promises - 10 guys were able to convince 600,000 soldiers they were doomed if they try to enter the land God was giving them.  We need to live by faith...and not by sight. 
  2. Living with a teenage daughter, it was refreshing to see how God dealt with the rebelliousness of Israel as they complained and disobeyed.
  3. God is protecting me even when it sometimes doesn't feel like it - the story of Balaak and Balaam.
I also found a wonderful blessing - Numbers 6:24-26.  I have a friend going through a difficult time right now and I love praying this blessing over her when she comes to mind:

"May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace."

I just love it!

Also, my favorite verse is numbers was 14:17:

"Lord, prove that your power is as great as you said it would be."

God wants us to take him at His word.  Moses wasn't afraid to call him on His promises...and neither should we. 

No comments: