Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm not JUST an elbow!

Numbers 1-4

Wow.  An account of everyone in the nation of Israel, where they camped and what their job was.  That's some tough reading, but I know it's there for a reason - and I'm excited to find out why!

You know, it made me think.  God had an act of service for each one of them.  No was was more important than the other, no matter how small their task was. 

Like our bodies.  My elbow is JUST as important as my knee cap and my knee cap wouldn't be much good with out my leg!  Everything works together. 

So often people compare themselves to each other, rating themselves in importance of their service to God, thinking, "Oh I just help out in children's church, or I only shovel the walk way for my neighbor each time it snows, or I just send small notes of encouragment when someone is ill or sad...or lonely" -- instead we should be reminding ourselves that "We are not just elbows!  I play a very important role in the kingdom and this is MY act of service!"  

*********************************************

Quick question, I'll have to google it.  Why doesn't anyone have last names in Old Testament (and most don't in the NT)?  They were usually refered to "son of" or "wife of".  Hmmmmm.   

No comments: