Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Where's Waldo?

Numbers 5-8

God spends a little time preparing the Israelites as they move into Canaan.  He knew the land was dominated by pagans and that His people would be influenced by them.  He demanded holiness, He wanted them to live in a completely different way....

He wanted them to stand out.

The "daily walk" bible explains by saying: "God's purpose is to insulate us from the influence of evil, not isolate us from the people to whom we can be a testimony."

Israel was to witness about the true God in the midst of corruption and they couldn't do that from the wilderness.  

I know I'm certainly not hiding in the wilderness - I'm not isolated.  But am I insulating myself as I rub shoulders with a decidedly impure world? 

And more importantly are the people around me influenced by my distinctive lifestyle?  or do I simply blend into the world around me....

No comments: