Sunday, January 23, 2011

..the end of Book One.

Before I head on to Exodus there are a few things I wanted to note in Genesis.


"I will not let you go unless you bless me."

In chapter 32, Jacob wrestled with God and wouldn't let Him go until God blessed him.

What exactly is a blessing and how or why is it so important? They all went aroudn blessing each other - father's blessed their children, siblings stole blessings, people blessed God and begged (or wrestled) God for His!


I don't think I've ever directly asked God to bless me. This is definately something I want to study further.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorites characters in Genesis were Abraham, (he taught me about faith and trusting in God) and Joseph.  Joseph also taught me about faith (he was in jail for over 10 years and still had hope), forgiveness and temptation.


It's no wonder God used these guys to raise a nation!

My favorite verse in Genesis - Chapter 15:6

"Abraham believed and the Lord declared him righteous because of his faith."

No comments: